Thursday 22 March 2012

A Completely Free Way to Wash Your Makeup Brushes

So I have now found a great way to wash makeup brushes, and it is completely free!
If you do not want to splurge on a brush cleanser or you do not know what to buy, then why not 
I used to hardly ever wash my makeup brushes (I know, probably not such a cunning plan) because I didn't really know what to buy and wear to buy it but somewhere I read that a weak shampoo works as a good brush cleanser so I jumped at the opportunity, seeing as it is free.
What I did was fill the sink (with the plug in) with lukewarm water, making a sort of mini bath, if you like.  Then I squirted a very small amount of shampoo in, you really do only need a tiny amount, less is more in this situation.  Personally, I do not think it matters whether the shampoo is scented or not, I used a scented shampoo and it does not make one difference to the smell of my brushes.  Then facing the head of the brushes downwards, so as not to get any water stuck in the brush, I washed it, thoroughly, with my hands for around 30 seconds.  After a couple brushes time, I changed the water.  After leaving them over night to dry, I can honestly say they never looked so healthy.  I guess I never realised how bad they were getting until I noticed how different they looked afterwards :P
I now really love this method of washing brushes.  I'm sure many of you will probably have heard of it and you probably think I must be mad, raving about it after it has been out in the open for so long but I really am amazed by how well it works :)
In my opinion, if you do not want to splurge on a brush cleanser or you do not know what to buy, then you really should try this amazing method!


Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment